Monday, August 27, 2007

Taking Care of Business

We had a wonderful lunch on Sunday with my Dad and my Sister. We met halfway between Kingsport and Knoxville. It was an opportunity for them to meet Jade. We also gave Dad part of his birthday gift since we will be on a trip when he has his 94th birthday on September 2. This picture of Jade and the one of Dad and Jade was taken on the Cracker Barrel porch there at Exit 8 on Interstate 81.

Jade's going to call Dad, "Grandpa". And she's going to call my sister, "Aunt Mary". I'm not sure yet, but I think she's going to call me "Papa". That's great, don't you think!

Today's is going to be a busy day taking care of Jade's school transfer. Since moving in with us, she has to change high schools. All details have been approved. We have to go to her old school and get grades and forms. Then go to the new high school and get her registered, etc. I'm sure things will go smooth, but I have learned one thing in my days... "always expect the unexpected."

~~~
Quote of the Day

Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding
how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.
--Tom Landry

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man walking along a California beach found an old brass lamp. As he rubbed it there was a poof and a Genie appeared. The Genie said, "I will grant you one wish". The man said. "Build a bridge to Hawaii, so I can drive over anytime I want to". The Genie said, " Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard and would take time to accomplish. Take a little time and think of another wish that would not be so difficult." The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Genie, I have been married and divorced four times. All of my wives said that I am uncaring and insensitive. I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they "cry", what they mean when they say "nothing" and how I can make a woman truly happy." After few minutes the Genie said. "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

No comments: