Well, I Have to Say It,
Happy New Year
Are you tired of hearing it yet? I just wondered. It seems like we got lot of email telling us Happy New Year. I’m grateful for that. Then every cartoon in the comics has said Happy New Year. And the newspapers have said Happy New Year, etc. No doubt about it, 2012 is here. Now we live go on and live our life in a new year.
Lot’s of people have reviewed what happened in 2011. but I’m going to tell you what will happen in 2012.
- The United States will have a Presidential Election, and there will be lots of mud slinging from both sides. Obama will be re-elected and the country will continue its decline. (Sure wish I am wrong on this one.)
- We will have some bad storms, including both tornados and hurricanes in the USA. There will other natural disasters in other parts of the world. The liberals will blame man-made global warming and maybe George Bush.
- Death and taxes will continue as the two things we cannot escape. The USA will continue to move to increase entitlements while reducing medical care for seniors. Very likely the country will have a crisis with China about the country’s debt.
- The earth will experience some earthquakes and volcano eruptions. Damage will be severe and lives will be lost.
- There will be much unrest in the middle east. The bombs will continue to blast in Iraq and Afghanistan. There will be no peace. The Iran situation will escalate.
- The new leader in N Korea will test his power and set off a critical situation with Japan.
- Babies will be born and life will go on. Unfortunately family life will continue a decline.
I’m getting discouraged, so I’m going to quit here. Not a pretty picture is it? Sounds bleak, but it could be worse.
Just remember to put God first in your life, live one day at a time, pray for the world leaders, enjoy your life, your family. Remember life is a gift. That is why they call today the “present.” A good motto for the new year:
“Make the Most of Every Moment”
Get focused for making some headway this year.
Some areas for focus could be your:
When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
Joke of the Day
Story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer :
I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.
She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something---body language, or the way she said it---made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have
just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what she was so afraid of.
She looked me right in the eye and said,
"Not a dad-blamed thing!"