Friday, January 13, 2012

Be Careful Today!

Snow? Yes We Have Snow!
The temperature was in the 50’s in the mid afternoon yesterday. I had my doubts about snow, but the temperature dropped like a rock and we had snow coming down before I hit the sack. This morning we have only an inch on the ground and it is in the low 20s. Why should I doubt the weather forecasters? Answer: We live in East Tennessee.

Hey! It really is Friday the 13th
happy-friday-13-scatYes, this day has come upon us. Watch out for ladders, black cats, broken mirrors, etc. Today is considered one of the unluckiest days in the calendar year, but don’t worry, it’s just another day.

Are you superstitious? As for myself, I am not, but I do like to joke about Friday the 13th. You probably know that much about me.

Be Positive
My cousin, Karen, sent me the following about being positive. Today would be a good day to start being more positive. We have a lot to be thankful for.

THE POSITIVE SIDE OF LIFE: Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.

Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.

Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices every day, how come nothing is free yet?

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Tomorrow is Kevin’s Birthday!

BirthdaySnoopyHappyDanceMy son, Kevin, has a birthday tomorrow, January 14. He’ll be 44 years old. He’s a great son, loving husband, and caring father. I wish him a very happy birthday.

We’ll be celebrating tomorrow after Zachary’s basketball game by eating a local restaurant, and then going to his home for cake and ice cream.

Happy Birthday To Kevin

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Above under being positive, once sentence was;
Don't cry because it's over;
smile because it happened.
.
I was thinking that you could also say:
Don’t cry because it happened;
smile because it’s over.

~~~
Quote of the Day
What flatterers say, try to make true.
~German Proverb

~~~
Joke of the Day

On a busy street in New York City, a man hustles across an intersection and is just about makes it to the other side before he’s hit by a bus. He lies dying on the sidewalk as a crowd gathers around.

"A priest. Somebody get me a priest!" the man gasps.

A policeman checks the crowd, but there is no priest, no minister, no man of God of any kind.

"A priest, please!" repeats the dying man.

Then out of the crowd steps a little old Jewish man of at least 80 years.

"Mr. Policeman," says the man, "I’m not a priest. I’m not even a Catholic. But for 50 years now I’ve been living behind St. Elizabeth’s Catholic Church on First Avenue, and every night I listen to the Catholic litany. Maybe I can be of some comfort to this man."

The policeman agrees and brings the gentleman over to where the dying man is lying. He kneels down, leans over the injured and says in a solemn voice: "B-4. I-19. N-38. G-54. O-72."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: