Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guess What?

I’m Taking the Day Off Today
It’s because of a birthday.Today is my Mother’s Birthday. We would be celebrating it if she were still alive. Now we just have memories of her love, kindness and joy. She has been missed. Mom was born in 1913, and exactly 25 years later in 1938, she gave birth to a son. You may know that was me.

Every year as I celebrate my birthday on December 15, I always think of my Mom. I have missed her, but my thoughts of her are with love.

The picture below shows my Mom and Dad. I’m guessing that it was taken in the 1950s.

MomDad

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now. 

And, I recently had a little medical issue, and I asked the doctor what caused it. He said birthdays was the cause. I think I’ll be hearing that more often.


~~~
Quote of the Day
It is a mathematical fact that fifty percent of all doctors graduate in the bottom half of their class.
~Author Unknown


~~~
Joke of the Day

A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.

"You'll get your chance in court," said the Desk Sergeant.

"No, no, no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I've been trying to do that for years!"

 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM! Hope you had a great day. I enjoyed reading about your Mom, I miss her too. She was a great lady.