Monday, September 26, 2011

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

And My Dad
Dad had a sore on his toe that will not heal. The circulation is not very good in that leg. I was worried about it because I thought they had exhausted all possible treatments. Then I learned something new…

The treatment Dad is undergoing now is called Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. He has a two hour treatment 5-6 days per week at the mobile unit which is at the St. Mary’s Medical Center in Knoxville, TN.

IMG_20110920_121644In this treatment, Dad enters a chamber with 8-10 other patients. Each patient is fitted with a special air tight hood in which they breathe pure oxygen. Also the atmospheric pressure in the airtight chamber is increased about 3-fold from normal.

It normally takes 4-7 weeks of these treatments for healing to occur. The healing rate is 85-95%.

I can tell a big difference in my Dad’s wound after only 2 weeks.

Read more about Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment here:

Mobile Hyperbaric Centers

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It’s amazing what modern medical procedures can do.
You may want to read up on the Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment, it might be important for you or someone in your family. 


~~~
Quote of the Day
Between saying and doing many a
pair of shoes is worn out.
~Italian Proverb


~~~
Joke of the Day

Okay, so a Texan rancher comes upon a farmer from Maine. The Texan looks at the Mainer and asks, "Say, how much land you think you got here?"

Mainer: 'Bout 10 acres I'd say."

Texan (boasting): Well, on my lot, it takes me all day to drive completely around my property!"

Mainer: "Yep, I got one of them trucks too."

 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: