Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Good Poem

If, If, if… 
“If” is a word we say, often when we look back in time. Here a nice little poem with the word “if” in the title. Something for us to think about.

If I Had my Child To Raise Over Again

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.

I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.

I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.

I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars,
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.

I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often,
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.

I'd model less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

--Diane Loomans

BirthdaySnoopyHappyDance

Lesley’s Birthday
A special birthday greeting to my daughter-in-law, Lesley. I hope you have a wonderful and happy birthday today!!

happybirthday_animated

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not  putting it in a fruit salad.

~~~
Quote of the Day
You're not 40,
you're eighteen with 22 years experience.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

Amazing GPS - It found me in 10 seconds. It's amazing. Must have been devised by the guys out at Lockheed in California. Give this a try. It's truly amazing. It will give your location immediately!

Check out the link below. I was shocked to find EXACTLY where I am right now on Google Earth... NOT a house or street but where I AM right now!

It's really unbelievable! I was surprised to know such a system exists. It is a GPS and will find the exact location of any Internet user in a second, using a sophisticated algorithm to do so.

http://www.darnay.com/iec/features/locator/index.html



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Joann said...

Love the poem!!! AND that special GPS system... =)