Wednesday, November 17, 2010

John F. Kennedy

JFK + 50
Yesterday I told about my cousin’s daughter, Jennifer White, winning a beauty pageant and being in the running for Miss Tennessee as Miss Historic Jonesborough 2011.

John_F._KennedyToday I want to tell you about Jennifer’s Dad, John R. White. John has a new web site that provides a look at the 35th President of the United States 50 years after his election in November 1960. I found it interesting and I thought you might enjoy taking a look. Click on the following link:

JFK + 50

I’m old enough to remember JFK. I voted for him. I was in shock when he was assassinated. His life was cut way too short. Do you remember any of JFK’s quotes? Here’s a few:

  • “And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
  • “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
  • “I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
  • “Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource.
  • “The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.”

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Remember that the smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention. Be a doer not just a planner.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The difference between try and triumph
is a little umph. 
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

While living in Denver the weatherman said, expect 10 to 12 inches of snow tonight so park on the right side of the road so we can plow the left side.

Willie’s wife ran out and parked on the right side.

The next week the forecast called for another 10 to 12 inches of snow, but this time he said park on the left side.

So Willie’s wife ran out and parked the car on the left side of the road.

The following week he said 16 inches of snow expected park, the lights went out and all our power was lost.

Willie’s wife said, my goodness, now I don’t know where to park the car.

“Why don’t you just leave it in the garage!” Willie said.


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: