Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Beautiful Poem

Happy_Birthday_Fella__D_by_zakarrandaHappy Birthday to Sylvia
HB7A special birthday greeting today to my daughter-in-law Sylvia Massey! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

We’re looking forward to being with you for the Thanksgiving Holidays!

THE CHOSEN VESSEL

The Master was searching for a vessel to use;
On the shelf there were many – which one would he choose?
“Take me,” cried the gold one, “I’m shiny and bright;
I’m of great value and I do things just right.
My beauty and luster will outshine the rest
And for Someone like You, Master, gold would be best!”

The Master passed on with no word at all;
He looked at the silver urn, narrow and tall.
“I’ll serve you, dear Master; I’ll pour out your wine,
And I’ll be at your table whenever you dine.
My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
And silver will always compliment you.”

Unheeding, the Master passed on to the brass.
It was wide mouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.
“Here! Here!” cried the vessel, “I know I will do.
Place me on your table for all men to view.”

“Look at me,” called the goblet of crystal so clear.
“My transparency shows my contents so clear.
Though fragile am I, I will serve you with pride,
And I’m sure I’ll be happy in your house to abide.”

The Master came next to a vessel of wood.
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.
“You may use me, dear Master,” the wooden bowl said,
“But I’d rather you used me for fruit – please, no bread!”

Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay
Empty and broken it helplessly lay.
No hope had that vessel that the Master might choose
To mend and cleanse – make it all His to use.

“Ah! This is the vessel I’ve been hoping to find,
I will mend it and use it – and make it all mine!”
“I need not the vessel with pride of itself;
Nor the one so narrow who sits on the shelf.

Not the one who is bigmouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor the one that displays its contents so proud.
Not the one who thinks he can do all things just right –
But this plain earthen vessel, filled with My Power & Might.”

Then gently He lifted the vessel of clay –
Mended and cleansed it and filled it that day.
Spoke to it kindly – “There’s work you must do.
You pour out to others – and I’ll pour in to you!”

I’m sorry, but I don’t know who wrote this poem.

The poem serves as a good reminder for us, that when we think we are something, then we are nothing.

Proverbs 13:7  “There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.”

 
 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve heard it said that “To teach is to touch a life forever.” It’s best to make good of opportunities you have to teach another. Teaching has power.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Never exaggerate your faults,
your friends will attend to that.
~Bob Edwards

~~~
Joke of the Day

Grandma, a woman of 85, was slowly ambling  down the street when she met her physician Dr. Cohen. Dr. Cohen, a dapper graying man in his early 60's asked the elderly lady-- "Grandma, how have you been feeling?"

For a long moment the woman gave the good doctor a
terrible stare and then she said -- "You ask me how I'm feeling! I'll tell you how I'm feeling!! My legs hurt, my chest is sore, my heart is beating too fast and I can't sleep!!! I have horrible headaches and stomach pains too!"

The good doctor looked at the elderly lady with
compassion, "If you're feeling so awful, why don't you
come and see me right away?"

Grandma let out a sigh and said, "I was just waiting until I felt a little better."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: