Friday, November 19, 2010

Frightening Comment

Yikes! It Makes Me Jump!
It happens to me about 2-3 times a year. I know it takes a year or more off my life each time. I’m thinking other married men are also impacted.

WeNeedToTalkI saw in the comics a short time back that Dagwood is also impacted. After Blondie’s comment, Dagwood is in shock, the paper goes flying, and even the dog knows something big is coming up.

My wife has another comment that can get my attention. She’ll say. “I’ve been thinking.” When she says that I know I had better watch it. She’s been planning something BIG and it may not be in my best interests.

Next year on June 8, Beverly and I will have been married for 50 years. But I still flinch when I hear “We need to talk” or “I’ve been thinking.”

Stress Test Today 
I have a stress test every time Beverly says ‘we need to talk’, but today I have a real medical stress test. My heart doctor wants to check on my ticker and make sure those stents are doing the job, and that no new blockages are developing. I’m not sure if I will be on the treadmill like I have in past tests. My knees are so bad it’s hard to walk, but if they want me to, I will give the treadmill a try.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve always wondered… If a man is alone in the woods and speaks, and there is no wife to hear him,
is he still wrong?

~~~
Quote of the Day
There's nothing wrong with me a
little ice cream won't fix. 
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

After her conviction of murder in the second degree, the District Attorney, during her sentencing hearing said, “Mrs. Grey – after you put the arsenic in the stew and served it to your husband, didn’t you feel even a little remorse for what you were doing?”

“I did,” she said calmly.

“And when was that?” quipped the D.A.

“When he asked for seconds!” she replied.


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: