Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Old Faithful

Not the Geyser
P1060667 The “old faithful” I’m talking about today is the fishing lure that we’ve been using to catch those big lake trout. The picture to the right shows my fishing buddy, Doug, with that 9 lb. trout we caught last week. We caught it on “Old Faithful”.

I’m letting out the secret. “Old Faithful” is a homemade fishing lure. I buy the pieces and put them together. It consists on a hammered copper willow blade (size 5) with an extra hole drilled in it, a split ring, and a red treble hook (size 4). Here’s a picture of the finished product.

P1060676

I’ve tried gold plated blades and brass blades, but nothing works as good as the copper. When it ages it gets dirty looking like an old penny, and it even seems to work better.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It’s easy to be selfish… just caring for yourself.
Let’s try to put others before ourselves.
Someone said JOY comes from putting
Jesus 1st
Others 2nd
Yourself Last

~~~
Quote of the Day
Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why.
~Bernard Baruch

~~~
Joke of the Day

A blonde goes into a coffee shop and notices there's a "peel and win" sticker on her coffee cup. So she peels it off and starts screaming, "I've won a motor home! I've won a motor home!"

The waitress says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize is a free Lunch.?"

But the blonde keeps on screaming, "I've won a motor home! I've won a motor home!"

Finally, the manager comes over and says, "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. You couldn't have possibly won a motor home because we didn't have that as a prize.

The blonde says, "No, it's not a mistake. I've won a motor home!"

And she hands the ticket to the manager and he reads...

"WINABAGEL:



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Dar said...

Awesome trout you boys are catching. Nice of you to share your secret. I wonder if that would work on the creek trout we have? I can taste them already.
You described JOY perfectly.
As for the blonde joke, good one. You had me to the end again and I'm a brunette, hmmmm.
BlessYourHeart