Friday, July 30, 2010

Fishing Today

Gators
This was on FOX News on Wednesday. I’m going fishing today up to South Holston Lake, and I don’t think we’ll run into a gator problem. But this guy sure did. If you haven’t see it, take a look.

(Sorry the video width is too large, but I can’t find a way to control it.)

I hope I have a few fish pictures to show you tomorrow. No alligator pictures, I promise.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
The other day I saw a one-liner, “Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.”

It reminded me of a story my sister told me about Dad. They were at the airport to meet some friends. While waiting they bought something from a vending machine. Mary got the change and started counting it. Then Dad said to Mary, “Don’t count your change!”
He explained, “If it’s not correct there’s nothing you can do about it, and you will worry about it. So it’s better just not to know.”

~~~
Quote of the Day
Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own. 
~Harold Coffin

~~~
Joke of the Day

Joe’s friend, Bill, was in the hospital for an ailment. While there, Bill just fell in love with the head nurse at the hospital.

Joe was telling me, “I guess you can say that he's taken a turn for the nurse!”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Grandpa is so wise! Love that story!