Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update on Jade

One of My Other “Daughters”
Jade has now finished her first year of college. She is not going home to Vietnam this summer, instead she is working two jobs to save money for her education. She sent Nana and Papa this picture a few days ago to show us her hairdo. (To Jade we are Papa and Nana, not Granddaddy and Grandmother.)

Jade_pic1Nana and Papa miss her and hope she will be able to come “home” to Tennessee for a visit before school starts this fall. We miss you Jade!

Birds and More
The backyard has been active with birds and squirrels the past few weeks. The feeders get emptied so very quickly, especially the finch feeder which is filled with thistle seed. Here’s a couple of pictures I took a couple of days ago.

IMG_1824 IMG_1835

And I have something else interesting… I have seen an albino squirrel a couple of times in the last few days. I hoping to get a picture soon, but he seems kind of shy.

If you’re interested you may want to read about several towns that brag about the number of white squirrels that live in their jurisdiction. Read about the White Squirrel Wars.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Dr. W. Edwards Deming autographed his book,
Out of the Crisis, for my son Kevin.
He wrote, “Learn to love learning.”
I like that.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

~~~
Joke of the Day

My face in the mirror
Isn't wrinkled or drawn,
My house isn't dirty,
The cobwebs are gone.

My garden looks lovely,
And so does my lawn.
I think I might never
Put my glasses back on.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Jade looks so pretty!!