Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Other Fellow

You and Me
balanceI ran across these words the other day. It helps us see  the bias we probably have when we look at the other fellow. Our judgment is loaded with favoritism when we look at ourselves. Read on and you’ll see what I mean.

When the other fellow takes a long time, he's slow,
When I take my time, I'm thorough.

When the other fellow doesn't do it, he's lazy,
When I don't do it, I'm too busy.

When the other fellow does something without being told, he's overstepping his grounds, When I do it, that's initiative.

When the other fellow strongly gives his side, he's bullheaded, When I do it I'm being firm.

When the other fellow pleases his boss, he's polishing the brass. When I do it, that's cooperation.

When the other fellow overlooks a rule of etiquette, he's rude, When I skip a few rules, I'm original.

When the other fellow is promoted, he's getting the breaks, When I manage to get ahead, it's hard work.

~ Author of the above in unknown 

Gone Fishing Today
GoneFishing2 We’re heading back to South Holston Lake today to fish for some of those trout. We’ll have four of us in the boat: Doug S, Doug B, Ralph, and myself. There’s plenty of room in the boat so we will not have any problems. I’ll let you know tomorrow if we do any good.
 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Primitive does not mean stupid. 
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

An avid fisherman was driving home from a fishing trip in northern Michigan with his boat in tow, when he had engine trouble a few miles inland from Lake Huron.  He didn't have a CB radio in his car, so he decided to use his marine radio to get help.  Climbing into his boat, he broadcast his call letters and asked for assistance.

A Coast Guard officer responded, "Please give your location."

He answered, "I'm on Interstate-75, two miles south of Standish."

The officer paused, "Could you repeat that?"

The fisherman repeated, "I-75, two miles south of Standish."

There was a longer pause...

Then an incredulous voice asked, "How fast were you going when you hit shore?!"


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: