Friday, June 5, 2009

The Bear

The Cougar Scene
This video clip is from a 1988 wildlife movie called “The Bear”. It was known as “L’Ours” in its original release in France. it was adapted from the novel The Grizzly King by James Oliver Curwood. I think you will enjoy. It makes you want to read the book. I’ve heard that the movie has not one word spoken by a human.


Kevin’s Having Surgery Today

XrayThis past Monday my son, Kevin, broke his pinky finger playing softball. He had an the X-Ray made on Wednesday, and yesterday he had an appointment with the doctor who scheduled his surgery for today. Here’s the X-Ray and you can see that the break definitely needs surgery. Click on the picture for a larger view so you can then see the break more clearly

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Whenever so-called disaster strikes,
ask yourself, “In 100 years will this matter?”

~~~
Quote of the Day
I always think of my sins when I weed. 
They grow apace in the same way
and are harder still to get rid of.
~Helena Rutherfurd Ely

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man entered a stationery store and asked the clerk for a 'birthday/anniversary card.'

The clerk replied, 'We have birthday cards and we have anniversary cards. Why not take one of each?'

The man said, 'You don't understand. I need a card that covers both events. You see, we're celebrating the fifth anniversary of my wife's thirty-fourth birthday.'



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: