Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father’s Day, June 21, 2009

Tomorrow is Father’s Day
Tomorrow is a special day. A day to Celebrate Father’s Day. I have two fathers that I want to honor:

My Dad and My Son

P1040766For My Dad – Dad has been a wonderful Father and I am thankful for his example and advice through the years. No one could be kinder, helpful, and more gentle than my Dad. Dad, thanks for teaching me how to love, how to help others, and how to put God first. I hope I can live up to your standard. I’m proud to call you my Dad.

IMG_5175 For My Son – Kevin has grown up to be a fine young man, a devoted husband, and a loving father. I admire his love and care for his family. He puts his family first, and he sacrifices his own self to help others. Kevin, you are a wonderful father that makes your Dad and Mom proud to call you our son.

~~~

Jim With TroutFishing Report
The fishing on South Holston Lake continues to be very good for trout. Doug, Ralph, and I fished the lake yesterday and had our limit of Lake Trout by early afternoon. However, we only caught one rainbow trout.

After we had our limit we caught and released as many as we brought home. It was a good day to enjoy the water, feel the waves, and catch some fish.

Lake Trout. Salvelinus namaycush.We’ve also learned that the Lake Trout are very good eating, especially on the grill. I’ve been filleting my fish, and then laying the fillets on the grill with spices including a generous sprinkling of pepper. They are delicious that way,

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
When growing up, my Dad was a man that made you want to obey him. Not out of fear, but because you didn’t want to displease him.
&
Someone said that Mother's Day and Father's Day are alike. Well, except of course, on Father's Day, you can buy a much cheaper gift.

~~~
Quotes of the Day
It is not flesh and blood but the heart
which makes us fathers and sons. 
~Johann Schiller

Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter
how tall I've grown. 
~Author Unknown

Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder
will remain with me forever.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

You can change this joke around to suit your fancy…

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Florida Gator. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Gators, too.

Not really knowing what a Florida Gator was but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

"Because I am not a Gator."

Then, asks the teacher, what are you?

"Why, I'm a proud Tennessee Volunteer," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Vol.

"Well, my mom and dad are Vols, so I'm a Vol too."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Kristen, "I'd be Gator."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I hope we get to eat some of your grilled fish while we are at the cabin! It sounds so delicious! :)