Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spring Thinking or Thinking Spring

Spring is almost here… time for doing your income taxes, getting your lawn & garden ready, and time for fishing!!!

Taxes
Well, I finished working on my taxes the other day. I  always dread doing it, but it always a little easier than I thought it would be.

turbotaxI use the Turbo Tax software for my taxes. I’ve used it for many years and I have always been happy with it. I started using Turbo Tax when it was a ChipSoft product… that was before it was acquired by Intuit. The product’s appearance and ease of use has changed a lot in the last 18 or so years. (Intuit and Chipsoft merged in 1993)

Lawn and Garden
I got my lawn mower all serviced and ready to go for the grass growing season. I also need to buy some fertilizer for the lawn and get it down. March is a good time for doing that… and March is almost here.

gardenAnd don’t forget about gardens, flowers and/or vegetable. You’ve probably already got your ground plowed and you are ready to plant. Well, I will not have a garden this year, but I do plan to help my Dad with his World Renown Tomato Garden. On a warm day this spring I hope to be going to Knoxville, to plant tomatoes under the direct supervision and careful eye of Dad.

Fishing
tackle Don’t forget about fishing! I’ve been through catalogs from Bass Pro, Cabela’s, and Jann’s Netcraft. And, I have already received a well thought out order from each of them.

I am now in the process of cleaning and organizing my tackle boxes. Next step is to put new fishing line on all my crappie fishing reels and  rig them up for fishing. I also have some new rod holders to put on my boat… and then there’s the job of cleaning the boat and getting it ready. It’s all a lot of work, but I enjoy every minute of it. I’m just thankful and am able to do what I can do.

Read about my Crappie Fishing System.

Are you getting ready for Spring? I hope so. It’s fun!

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Recently I heard this: “Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.” Now that I’ve thought about that, I do believe that there is something to be thankful for in everything that happens.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
~Peter Marshall

~~~
Joke of the Day

A woman gets onto a bus with her baby.

The bus driver says, "That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh!"

The woman goes toward the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming!!! She says to a man next to her, "The driver just insulted me!"

The man says, "There's no call for that. You go right up there and tell him off. Get his name so you can report him to the transit company. Go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Looking forward to Spring and all that comes with it! Have a good day!