Thursday, February 19, 2009

Did You Know?

I had to Check for Myself
I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Did you ever look at the end of your aluminum foil box?

You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The roll always comes out at the wrong time.

WrapWell, I would like to share this with you. I got this email that showed the end of the Reynolds Aluminum Foil Boxes.
And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. Right there on the ends of the box are tabs to lock the roll in place! How long has this little locking tab been there?  I had never seen it before. I asked Beverly if she knew about it, and she said no. How did they sneak this by us? Or better still, how did we get so dumb as to not read what it says on the package?

I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this. Did you know about this?

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I ran across this the other day. It reminded me of my working days before retirement:

The Six Phases of a Project:
1) Enthusiasm
2) Disillusionment
3) Panic
4) Search for the Guilty
5) Punishment of the Innocent
6) Reward of the Non-Participants

~~~
Quote of the Day
It's not whether you win or lose,
it's how you play the game.
— Grantland Rice

~~~
Joke of the Day

A fellow from Ohio was down in Tennessee and decided to go squirrel hunting. He roamed the woods all day and never had a thing to show for it.

As he was headed for his auto he saw this young boy with squirrels hanging all the way around his body under his belt. He asked the boy how he got all the squirrels.

The boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and showed the man some small steel balls. He told the man he used some of these small steel balls.

About that time a squirrel jumped from one tree to the next. The boy took a steel ball in his left hand and threw it and hit the squirrel right the head.

The man marveled at this and and complimented the boy on being so accurate, left handed and all.

The boy said oh I'm not left handed it's just my daddy says I tear them up to bad when I throw right handed.


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: