Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fishing and Elephants

Fishing Yesterday
Went to Douglas Lake yesterday. You couldn't have asked for a nicer and more beautiful day. Doug, Ralph and I had a great time. We had a good day, too. We caught a total of 24 fish, and brought home 21 big crappie. Here's a picture of Doug with the stringer.

I like days on the lake like that!

Elephants
My appreciation for the intelligence of elephants was greatly increased when I saw the YouTube video below. I urge to to watch it to the end. You'll be amazed that an elephant can actually paint a picture of another elephant. This is really good, and almost unbelievable.





~~~

Quote of the Day
"I must do something" always solves more problems than
"Something must be done."
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man was passing through the country. He stopped at a small country grocery store to buy a snack and soft drink. Outside the front of the store there were big bags of salt. Then he went inside, and it seemed that every aisle had some form of salt for sale. Big bags of salt, little bags of salt, boxes of salt of all sizes, blocks of salt, picnic salt shakers and all sorts of salt. Everywhere he turned in the store he salt, and more salt for sale.

This created in him a curiosity as to why there was so much salt for sale in this little country store. So he walked up to the owner, and asked, "You must really sell a lot of salt around here. don't you?"

The owner replied, "Oh, no, we hardly sell any salt, But there is a salesman that comes through here routinely, and, my, my... he really sells the salt!"
Note: The above joke was told to me by my Dad many years ago.

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: