Monday, March 10, 2008

My Daughter... Wow!

My Daughter, Bethany
She sent us a new picture a few days ago, and we almost didn't recognize her. Here's an older picture on the left and the new one on the right. She has lost 61 pounds in the past 3 years, and what a difference that has made.
She has done a great job on her physical fitness program. Her success is a motivation to me. You can see some more older pictures of Bethany here: My Daughter

The above is real, it's not an illusion. But the following is unreal. It's an amazing illusion. Read on....

A Great Illusion
This has to be one of the best illusions ever created...


If you look at the above images from your seat in front of the computer, Mr. Angry is on the left, and Mr. Calm is on the right. Get up from your seat, and move back 12 feet, and PRESTO!! they switch places!!

I wear glasses, and when I look at the picture with my glasses on, Mr. Angry is on the left, and Mr. Calm is on the right. Then I took my glasses off... and guess what??? They switch places! How interesting and intriguing.

It is said this
illusion was created by Phillippe G. Schyns and Aude Oliva of the University of Glasgow.

Does this prove that we sometimes may not be seeing what's actually there?

Check out this site: 77 Optical Illusions & Visual Phenomena compiled by by Michael Bach


~~~

Quote of the Day
People want the front of the bus, the back of the church,
and the center of attention.
~ Author Unknown

~~~
Jokes of the Day

A minister waited in line to have his car filled with gas just before a long holiday weekend. The attendant worked quickly, but there were many cars ahead of him.

Finally, the attendant motioned him toward a vacant pump. 'Reverend,' said the young man, 'I'm so sorry about the delay. It seems as if everyone waits until the last minute to get ready for a long trip.'

The minister chuckled, 'I know what you mean. It's the same in my business.'

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dad! :)
You've inspired me to exercise tonight after work ... ugh!
Love,
Bethany