Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Believe plus Update on Global Warming

I hope you will read this list of I Believes. When you do, I think you'll say "yes" to each one. I want to thank my California friend, Bill S., who sent these to me a while back. As I reflected on these I Believes, I just wonder how many of them I believed when I graduated from high school. I'm afraid that life has taught me the lessons that youth hid from me.

  1. I believe - That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
  2. I believe - That we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
  3. I believe - That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every now and then and you must forgive them for that.
  4. I believe - That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.
  5. I believe - That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
  6. I believe - That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
  7. I believe - That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
  8. I believe - That you can keep going long after you think you can't.
  9. I believe - That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
  10. I believe - That either you control your attitude or it controls you.
  11. I believe - That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
  12. I believe - That money is a lousy way of keeping score.
  13. I believe - That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.
  14. I believe - That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.
  15. I believe - That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
  16. I believe - That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
  17. I believe - That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
  18. I believe - That no matter how badly your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.
  19. I believe - That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
  20. I believe - That you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.
  21. I believe - Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
  22. I believe - That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.
  23. I believe - That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
  24. I believe - That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
  25. I believe - That the people you care about most in life are taken from you far too soon.
Global Warming Update
It's not getting much publicity, but it has been reported that we have experienced a 12-month drop in world temperatures which wiped out a century of warming. Wake up Al Gore!

Read this article from the Canada Free Press, "Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling", part of which is quoted below:

"A compiled list of all the sources can be seen here. The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C—a value large enough to wipe out most of the warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year’s time. For all four sources, it’s the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down.

"Scientists quoted in a past DailyTech article link the cooling to reduced solar activity which they claim is a much larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases. The dramatic cooling seen in just 12 months time seems to bear that out. While the data doesn’t itself disprove that carbon dioxide is acting to warm the planet, it does demonstrate clearly that more powerful factors are now cooling it."

This reaffirms my feeling that Man Caused Global Warming is a bunch of bunk! Check out my other references on my web page,
Thoughts on Global Warming.

I'm not the only one that feels this way. A few days ago this article appeared, "
GM vice chairman Lutz calls global warming 'a total crock".

~~~
Quote of the Day
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have.
~ Author Unknown

~~~
Jokes of the Day

An elderly man lay dying in his bed. In death's agony, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite sugar cookies wafting up the stairs.

He gathered enough strength to get out bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom.

With even greater effort, he forced his bony fingers to grab the handrail and he went down the stairs, one stumbling step at a time.

With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven.

There, on the kitchen table, spread out in rows upon wax paper, were literally hundreds of his favorite sugar cookies.

Was it heaven? Or, was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife of 60 years, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he lunged toward the table, landing on his knees in a rumpled posture.

His parched lips were slightly parted. The wondrous taste of the cookie was already in his mouth; seemingly bringing him back to life.

The aged, withered, and trembling hand, driven by one last gritty effort, made its way towards a cookie at the edge of the table, when it was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife.

"Stay out of those," she said, "They're for the funeral!"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: