Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Today!

Will It Be Gone Tomorrow?
Grandmother and I took a short trip out this afternoon to run a few errands. We stopped by the bank, the grocery, the post office and the pharmacy before returning home. Grandmother took this short video of the last leg of our journey home. The snow is beautiful!

Since we’ve gotten home we’ve been surprised by thunder while it continues to snow. Is this a thunder snow storm? Looks like we have a bout an inch or two on the ground now.

The New Hip
It’s still doing good. My leg gets a little stronger each day. Today I had my last home physical therapy session. Beginning Monday I will be be visiting an out patient location for 2-3 weeks of Physical Therapy.

I’m gradually weaning myself from the walker and using the cane more and more. Today I went in the grocery store and pushed the cart for Grandmother. I think the exercise and walking will be good for my recovery.

The International Space Station
A friend recently shared with me this follow video of a tour of the space station. I thought you might like to see it. It’s long… about 25 minutes. When I started watching it I thought to my self that this will be pretty boring and I will shut it off soon. Seems I never did. I enjoyed all of it. You might also.

Quote of the Day
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing,
wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating;
there is really no such thing as bad weather,
only different kinds of good weather.
~John Ruskin

Thought of the Day
A lot of people say they want to serve God, but they want to do it in an advisory capacity.
When praying doing give God instructions…
just report for duty.

Joke of the Day

At a small zoo, visitors often ignored the many large signs that said, "Don't feed the animals!"

The zookeeper did not want to impose fines so he tried a different approach.

He posted signs saying, "Feed the animals for only twenty dollars!" and suddenly no one wanted to.

No comments: