Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grandmother’s Birthday

Age? I Won’t Say
However, I would suggest you check out the picture of her with a birthday card in her hand. The number was handwritten and did not stand out until I embellished it a little. (The devil made me do it.)

We had a grand time tonight at Kevin’s enjoying some birthday cake and watching Grandmother open a few gifts. She also received some nice gifts from Bethany in the mail today. The festivities for Grandmother’s birthday will continue the rest of the week, with a great day planned for Saturday, when my cousin Karen & her husband Pat plan to visit us and they are bringing Mary with them. We will be celebrating 3 birthdays of Saturday: Beverly-Jan 30, Karen-Jan 31 and Mary=Feb 5.

Here’s some pictures taken tonight at Kevin’s home.

IMG_2511 IMG_2510
IMG_2514 IMG_2508

BirthdaySnoopyHappyDance

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Don’t ever regret growing older.
It is a privilege denied to many.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Grow old with me!  The best is yet to be.
~Robert Browning

~~~
Joke of the Day

Two elderly ladies had been friends since their 30s. Now in their 80s, they still got together a couple of times a week to play cards. One day they were playing gin rummy and one of them said, "You know, we’ve been friends for many years and, please don't get mad, but for the life of me, I can't remember your name. Please tell me what it is."

Her friend glared at her. She continued to glare and stare at her for at least three minutes. Finally, she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

~~~

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.  Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

 


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy 70th Birthday!! 70 is YOUNG yet... and besides, age is just a number!!

Have a wonderful birthday week!! Those are my kind of birthdays!!

--Andrea
XOXOXO