Hip Hip Hooray!
I saw the surgeon this afternoon. The X-rays looked good. He removed the staples. Here’s what I expect the next few weeks:
- I can drive as of today, and I already have.
- I have be extremely careful about bending, twisting and crossing legs for the next 3.5 months.
- Continue my exercises at home, and began walking more with the cane and less with the walker.
- I am to began out-patient physical therapy next week for 2-3 times per week for 3-4 weeks.
- I need to continue wearing a compression hose on my surgery leg for the next 3 weeks to prevent blood clots.
I see the surgeon again in 3 weeks and I will give an update then.
All is well, and I am thankful.
The Last Roll of Kodak Kodachrome Film
Here’s an interesting video about a professional photographer who asked for the last roll of Kodachrome film from Kodak’s production line. It’s a long video, about 30 minutes. However, it teaches us how to make photography more meaningful.
Photography has changed so much with the event of digital pictures. We just start snapping pictures because there is no dollar cost. But maybe there is a cost… the cost of not planning our photography. Instead we just hope to get lucky.
Thought of the Day
Worry is the darkroom in which negatives develop.
Keep you worry in control by prayer.
Quote of the Day
There is something self-defeating in the
too-conscious pursuit of pleasure.
Joke of the Day
"What did you do this weekend?"
"I dropped some hooks into the water."
"How was the fishing?"
"I wasn't fishing; I was golfing!"
After a quarrel, a wife said to her husband, "You know, I was a fool when I married you."
And the husband replied, "Yes, dear, but I was in love and didn't notice it."