Monday, May 21, 2012

A New Chapter

Life Goes On
Dad is gone and we miss him so much. We go forward with wonderful memories that help the pain of loss. We know things will never be the same, but time does heal, but there will always be a scar.

One of our good friends wrote the following about Dad:

How do we say, "I am sorry and I am rejoicing for him in the same sentence!?". Where would you find a better man? Mr. Ray was a man that God had made like a wedge of gold...

Thanks to All
For all the family I want to thank everyone for their care, thoughts, and concerns for us during this time. Thanks for your comments on our blogs, your cards and letters, etc. We appreciate it very much. Friends help hold us up when we are weak.

Dad’s Tomato Garden Blog
We have been asked by Dad’s friends to leave his blog on line. We plan to do that. In the days to come we may add some thoughts and share some memories about Dad. So we’ll let his blog remain as a continuing tribute to him.

The tomato plants he planted earlier this year are really growing good. Dad’s next door neighbor, Ted, is caring for them. We’ll post some pictures of Dad’s garden and his tomatoes later in the year.

Tennessee Granddaddy’s Blog
Some have asked if I plan to continue my blog. The answer is YES. I started my blog because of Dad’s encouragement, and I plan to continue. However, in the next few weeks I may not be able to post as regularly as I have in the past, but I’ll do my best to make 2-3 posts per week.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Time is precious, use it wisely.

~~~
Quote of the Day
No one can confidently say that
he will still be living tomorrow. 
~Euripides

~~~
Joke of the Day

From somewhere up north in January…

Wife texts husband on a cold winters morning:"Windows frozen."

Husband texts back: "Pour some lukewarm water over it."

Wife texts back: "Computer completely screwed up now."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Much Love!!

John White said...

Great to have TENNESSEE GRANDDADDY back & also great to know that DAD'S blog will live on as a tribute to him. Just as you started your blog because of Dad's encouragement, so I did mine. Again, good to have you back!