Friday, May 25, 2012

Grandchildren and More

Zachary is Now in Middle School
He also a smart kid who makes all A’s and very quick of wit. I was kidding him the other day and told him that my parents gave me a $100 for every A I made. He replied, “I guess you didn’t get much money!”

Kara’s Now a Freshman in High School
They had honors day at her school today and she walked away with 3 Award Certificates and 5 Plaques. She’s a straight A student that is very creative.

Mandy, My Oldest Granddaughter
Mandy is my oldest grandchild. She’s expecting and we are looking forward to the birth of Atley James Rogers sometime in July 2012. Then I’ll be a great granddaddy! The whole family is excited!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Visit Home
Yesterday I visited Mary and home in Knoxville. (We left there last Friday.) It still feels like a dream—the fact that Dad is gone. I miss him in so many ways.

While I was there I filled his bird feeders and watered his tomato plants. I felt like he was watching me while I was doing these things…

His tomato garden looks great. Ted, his next door neighbor put the cages up around the plants a few days ago. Here’s a couple of pictures of Dad’s Tomato Garden.

IMG_2261

IMG_2258
Look at those blooms!
Dad would be proud!


~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
They say a good friend is cheaper than therapy.
There’s a lot of truth in that.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The greatest wealth is health.
~Virgil

~~~
Joke of the Day

This is the story of our favorite blonde flying in a two-seat airplane with just the pilot. He has a heart attack and dies. She frantically calls a May Day:

"May Day! May Day! Help me! Help me! My pilot had a heart attack and is dead. And I don't know how to fly. Help me! Please help me!"

All of a sudden she hears a voice over the radio saying:
"The is the tower. I have received your message and I will talk you through it. I've had a lot of experience with this kind of problem. Now, just relax. Everything will be fine! Now give me your height and position."

She says, "I'm 5'4" and I'm in the front seat."

"O.K." says the voice from the tower. "Repeat after me: Our Father. . . Who art in Heaven. . . .."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

betty said...

The Grandkids are great. DAD is always proud of them. Big smiles from DAD and all of his fans as you water the tomatoes and feed the birds. Life is good. Aloha to you, your family, Mary, and Prince from HI.......Sara's aunt