Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Big Bear

Probably Common in Alaska
My son and his wife recently traveled to Alaska for a combination business trip and vacation. He sent me a picture that was in one of the local newspapers one day while he was there. I thought I would share with you because my reaction was “That is one Big Bear!”

BrownBearAlaska

That bear makes our black bears look a little puny. I glad we don’t have anything like that roaming around our neighborhoods. I can enjoy and tolerate the minor inconveniences caused by squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, possums, and the occasional skunk, but not big bears.


~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
In my younger days I owned a ‘57 Chevy 57chevyyellow convertible. (My car was just like the one in this picture.) On one trip to the Smoky Mountains, a friend and I came back to the car from a short hike, and found a full grown black bear on the front seat of my convertible, I had left the top down. The bear was enjoying some food we had left in the car. When I saw him, I wasn’t happy, but all the sightseers were having great fun. With a little persuasion I got the bear to leave, to the disappointment of the crowd that was around my car.
Note: Beverly and I owned that car for a few years after we were married. I had gotten rid of the “bear smell”. I sure would like to have that Chevy now. It would be worth a big bundle.
 

~~~
Quote of the Day
It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness.  Poverty and wealth have both failed.
~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard

~~~
Joke of the Day

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.

She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 160 in about 3 seconds."

I bought her a bathroom scale.

And then the fight started......



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: