Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What is a Christian?

My good friend Celia gave me something last week. I enjoyed it and I thought you would also. Here goes...

A woman was asked, "What is it like to be a Christian?"

She replied, "It's like being a pumpkin. God plucks you from the patch, brings you in and washes the dirt off you. Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, and the hate and greed. Then he carves you a new smiling face and puts his light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.
~ author unknown

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
He who knows not and knows he knows not is a wise man. He who knows not and knows not he knows not is a fool.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Some folks are wise and some are otherwise.
- Tobias George Smolett

~~~
Joke of the Day
A WOMAN’S REVENGE: “Cash, check or charge?” I asked, after folding the items the woman wished to purchase.

As she fumbled for her wallet I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse. “So, do you always carry your TV remote?” I asked.

“No,” she replied, “but my husband refused to come shopping with me, so I figured this was the most legal evil thing I could do to him.”

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: