Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bethany Arrives Today

Bethany
Around noon today we will be at the at the Tri-Cities Regional Airport to meet our daughter, Bethany. She's traveling from Rochester, NY. We look forward to having her with us for a full week! Let the fun begin!

Tomorrow we expect Mandy, Alex and Sylvia to arrive. Then on Thursday the rest of the gang will be here: Dad & Mary; Kevin, Lesley, Kara, & Zachary; Uncle Roy & Aunt Mavis.

Computer Stuff
I just finished updating my web page on Computer Utilities that I have had good experience using.

The Advanced Windows Care program has been upgraded to Advanced SystemCare. I've tried it out and have not had any problems. I usually run it and C-Cleaner once or twice a week on my computers.

I've added a new utility program named Foxit Reader. It's a pdf reader that I personally like better than Adobe Reader. It loads fast, runs quick and doesn't take up a lot of space on your computer. Adobe Reader used over 88 MB of space. I replaced it with Foxit Reader that only used 7.5 MB. I'm sick of bloated software.

I have been using Mozilla Firefox for the past year as my primary internet browser. I think it is wonderful and easy to use. I only use Microsoft Internet Explorer when forced to, which is not very often. You might want to give it a try; you might like it as well as I do.

Check Out My Favorite Computer Utilities

~~~

Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
This is a wonderful week for us. We look so forward to having the family together. We have so much to be thankful for.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
~Edward Sandford Martin

~~~
Joke of the Day
A man owned a small farm in West Texas. The Wage and Hour Department of Texas claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent to interview him.

“I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,” demanded the agent.

“Well, there’s my hired hand who’s been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 a month plus free room and board. Then there’s the half-wit that works about 18 hours a day. He makes $10 a week and I buy him chewing tobacco,” replied the farmer.

“That’s the guy I want to talk to; the half-wit,” says the agent.

The farmer says, “That would be me.”

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: