Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day in Kingsport

Thanksgiving Day
It's here! The big day has arrived. The rest of the family will arrive later this morning. The big bird will be in the oven soon. And later this morning all the aromas and sounds of a warm and happy Thanksgiving will be filling our home. Here's our menu for lunch:

Main Course:

  • Roast Turkey
  • Dressing
  • Gravy
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Green beans
  • Whole Kernel Corn
  • Broccoli Casserole
  • Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Hot Rolls

Deserts:

  • Pound Cake
  • Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate icing
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Pecan Pie
  • Chocolate Fudge Pie
  • Ice creams (Vanilla & Chocolate)

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:

~~~
Quote of the Day

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.

~E.P. Powell

~~~
Joke of the Day

This morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!

I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back, she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup!

As a man, I don’t scare easily. But she scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear, which then fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed and burned me, ruined the phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

Women drivers!

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

2 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Gobble 'till you wobble......Have a great day....enjoy your family!!

betty said...

hi; first time visiting your journal; very nice!!

my gosh, that is an awesome menu you have for Thanksgiving! the desserts alone, it would be hard to pick one from such a great assortment!

hope you had a wonderful day with your family :)

betty