Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Labor Day!

A Day of Rest in the USA
Here it is Monday, September 1, 2008,
and Labor Day. This year is flying by faster than ever.

The first Labor Day was celebrated in 1882, as the "working man's holiday. Read more about the holiday we call Labor day:
Fish Tale
My friend Ralph came up to me last Friday and said, "I went fishing yesterday and caught a nice bass, but it got away about 3 feet from the bank. It weighed 5 pounds and 4 ounces."

I replied, "Ralph, how did you know how much it weighed if it got away?"

Ralph, with a big grin on his face answered, "Well, Jim, it had scales on its back!"
(I never saw it coming.)

Handyman Tip
You only need two tools to fix just about anything. Those tools are WD-40 and Duct Tape. Here's How-To:
  • If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40
  • If it shouldn't move and it does, use Duct Tape.
Now that really makes fixing things a lot easier,



~~~

Tennessee Granddaddy Says:

I remember a little poem I heard as a boy from my Mom and Dad...

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

~~~
Quote of the Day
Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.
~G.B. Stern

~~~
Joke of the Day
Did you hear about the banker who was recently arrested for embezzling $100,000 to pay for his daughter's college education?

As the policeman, who also had a daughter in college, was leading him away in handcuffs, he said to the banker, "I have just one question for you. Where were you going to get the rest of the money?"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: