Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day--a day for remembering those who have died serving our country. Here's a good link from History.com for information about Memorial Day. While this is a day of remembrance of our fallen veterans, it would also be a good time to think of those on battlefields today. Remember, Support Our Troops!

Great Weekend
We had a wonderful weekend which included Jade's graduation, Zachary's 7th birthday, a visit from Mandy & Alex, and a visit from David Goss. David was Jade's English teacher in Vietnam. I've got lots of pictures, and I plan to share some of them in the coming weeks.

The picture I am showing today was taken by David before he left on his long drive back to Denver. Front Row: Mandy, Jade, Kara, Zachary. Second Row: Jim, Beverly, Kevin, Lesley, Alex.

I want to thank all of our friends and neighbors which have helped make this a wonderful weekend for Jade. I know this year in Tennessee and her graduation will bring very special memories to her from now on.

~~~
Quote of the Day
A mother's happiness is like a beacon,
lighting up the future but reflected also on the past
in the guise of fond memories.
~ Honore de Balzac

~~~
Joke of the Day
An elderly gent was invited to an old friends' home for dinner one evening. He was impressed by the way his buddy preceded every request to his wife with endearing terms such as: Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc.

The couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.

While the wife was in the kitchen, the man leaned over and said to his host, "I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your wife those loving pet names."

The old man hung his head. "I have to tell you the truth," he said, "Her name slipped my mind about two years ago and I'm scared to death to ask her what it is!"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Howdy Granddaddy!

I'm an 83 year-old Blogger from Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and I'm a Snake Hunter on the prowl for the
two-legged vipers that infest our planet.

Here's a hint: They fly planes into buildings, and strap bombs on women and kids.

You check me out. If you like what you see, tap my Links for other fine Weblogs, then go to "Comments"
and post on any you like.

It's an "Open Forum" so give us your opinion! (Be sure to pass our web address on to any Veteran's Family you know.) reb
_________________________________
www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com