Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another Swimming "Pool"

Victoria Falls
The Devil's Swimming Pool is in Zimbabwe, Africa. This pool is at the top of Victoria Falls which is 128 meters high. At certain months of the year, people can actually swim close to the edge of the falls without be swept over. This is true! I checked it on Snopes.com, and you can too.

Look at these pictures, and then tell me...

Would you dare?












~~~
Quote of the Day
I know not what the future holds,
but I know who holds the future.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day
A new porter at a Paris hotel was instructed by the manager that it was important to call the guests by their names in order to make them feel welcome, and that the easiest way to find out their name was to look at their luggage.

Armed with this advice, the porter took two guests up to their rooms, put down their bags and said, "I hope you 'ave a very 'appy stay 'ere in Paris, Mr and Mrs Genuine Cow'ide."

(Comment by Tennessee Granddaddy - The above joke reminded me of a time when I was working for Tennessee Eastman Company. They furnished us with briefcases that had the initials "TEC" engraved in gold. When going through airport security at our Tri-Cities Regional Airport, the man asked me for my name. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said he saw so many people go through the airport with the initials of TEC and he was curious about my name. I could of told him my name was Theodore Edward Collins, Ha!)

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: