Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fishing

A Good Catch
We had a pretty good day on Douglas Lake yesterday. In spite of the wind we did catch some fish. Around 3 PM we had 4 or 5 crappie in the live well, and the wind was terrible. We had trouble controlling the boat and our 15 lines that we were trolling. We were just about ready to call it a day and go to the house.

But I thought about that big cove behind Swann's Marina and that it would be protected from the wind. So there we went. And we had a nice place to fish. The wind was not a problem for us and with a few hours we had caught some more fish. We came home with 13 real pretty crappie. Some of them were within 1/4 inch of being 14 inches long. Here's a picture of our stringer. As you can see, I'm smiling!

Narrow Escape

I just had to share this short video clip I found on YouTube. It shows a couple of fishermen in a boat taking it easy. Then it happens. A large seaplane nearly crashes into them. Just watch...



Now, that was scary and funny. I think it was probably made to be funny.

~~~
Quote of the Day
God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning


~~~

Jokes of the Day

Matrimony isn't a word, it's a sentence.

~~~

Don't marry for money...You can borrow it cheaper.

~~~

Last weekend my credit card was stolen
but I decided not to report it because
the thief is spending less than my wife does.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: