Friday, May 9, 2008

The Flag in Flowers

Floral Flag
This is interesting... a floral flag that is 740 feet long and 390 feet wide. This picture was taken in 2002 in honor of Flag Day in the City of Lompoc, California. You can read more about it at Snopes.com.

I have a web page called Support Our Troops, which contains some links about the Flag of the United States of America and our National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner.

Fishing for Crappie
Thinking about one more trip to Douglas today. The rain may have perked things up a bit. If so, those crappie may be biting. It's getting late for crappie, so I don't expect much today.

I also have something new to try. Last year there there was an article in Crappie World magazine about jug fishing for crappie. The technique involves using the Styrofoam "pool noodles" to make devices you can throw in the water with line, hook, bait, and sinker attached. Then come back later and check your catch. I made 12 of these devices yesterday. If you're interested try to get a copy of the March/April 2007 Crappie World magazine for detailed instructions.

~~~
Quote of the Day
People who don't cherish their elderly have forgotten
whence they came and whither they go.
~Ramsey Clark


~~~

Joke of the Day
An elderly couple is lying in bed one morning having just awakened from a good night's sleep. He takes her hand and she responds, "Don't touch me!"

"Why not," he asks.

She answers back, "Because I'm dead."

The husband says to her, "What on earth are you talking about? We're both lying here in bed together and talking to one another."

The wife says, "Not so, I'm definitely dead."

Her husband insists, "You're not dead. What in the world makes you think you're dead?"

His wife answers, "I know I'm dead, because I woke up this morning and nothing hurts.

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: