Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Interesting History

Some Interesting Things Have Occurred in Tennessee
But I was unaware of this one until a few days ago when one of my high school class mates sent me a link to this video about the Battle of Athens. This battle was a rebellion led by World War II veterans against a corrupt & tyrannical local government in 1946. I thought it was worth the 13 minutes viewing time, and you might enjoy it better by watching in full screen.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve been working on my fishing tackle this week. Yesterday I rigged up 12 of my crappie rods that we use for trolling, and the 6 rods/reels we use when fishing for lake trout. This warm weather gives me a burst of new energy. I hope you are enjoying these days also.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. 
You won't have time to make them all yourself.
~Alfred Sheinwold

~~~
Joke of the Day

This is the End of the Funny Tombstones:

John Penny's epitaph in the
Wimborne,
England , cemetery:

Reader, if cash thou art in want of any,
Dig 6 feet deep and thou wilt find a Penny.

==================================

In a cemetery in Hartscombe, England :

On the 22nd of June,
Jonathan Fiddle went out of tune.

==================================

Anna Hopewell's grave in
Enosburg Falls,
Vermont :

Here lies the body of our Anna,
Done to death by a banana.
It wasn't the fruit that laid her low,
But the skin of the thing that made her go.

==================================

On a grave from the 1880s in
Nantucket,
Massachusetts :

Under the sod and under the trees,
Lies the body of Jonathan Pease.
He is not here, there's only the pod,
Pease shelled out and went to God.

==================================

In a cemetery in England :

Remember man, as you walk by,
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, so shall you be,
Remember this and follow me.

To which someone replied by writing on the tombstone:

To follow you I'll not consent,
Until I know which way you went.

 


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: