Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Be Careful now…

Scary, huh?
People like this are out there on the road today. Just watch this short video, and you’ll wonder how some people ever got their Driver’s License.

Cabela’s Discount
I’ve been working on replacing some of my stolen fishing equipment. Last Friday evening I placed a sizeable order with Cabela’s on their website. Then the next morning I received an unrelated email from Cabela’s saying they were giving a $75 discount on orders like mine. I was thinking that here I go again and that if I had waited a few hours to place my order I could have gotten the discount.

So I sent off a short note to Cabela’s Customer Service about this. They replied within a few hours that they would give me the rebate off my current order. That was nice of them, and it was the thing to do.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Pride can do a lot to hurt others and ourselves.
Pride could keep us out of Heaven. 
True humility is a wonderful trait. If we see ourselves the way God sees us, that could help our humility.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Never do anything against conscience
even if the state demands it.
~Albert Einstein

~~~
Joke of the Day

A lawyer's dog, running about unleashed, beelines for a butcher shop and steals a roast.

The butcher goes to the lawyer's office and asks, “If a dog running unleashed steals a piece of meat from my store, do I have a right to demand payment for the meat from the dog's owner?”

The lawyer answers, “Absolutely.”

“Then you owe me $8.50. Your dog was loose and stole a roast from me today.”

The lawyer, without a word, writes the butcher a check for $8.50 (attorneys don't carry cash).

Several days later, the butcher opens the mail and finds an envelope from the lawyer: It was a bill for $100 for a consultation!



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: