A Little Finch in the Wind
Last Wednesday was a very windy day. We looked out the window and watched this little finch hold on to the bird feeder while he enjoyed some fresh thistle seed. I just love the wild birds and animals.
When the winds blow in our life, we too, need to hang on.
“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.”
I Thessalonians 5:21
Someone once said, we can’t do anything about the wind, but we can adjust our sails.
The Ball Game
The basketball game last night was very exciting. Kara’s team, Indian Springs, won 33-22, but it got very close just before half time. Here’s a couple of pictures. (You may click on the picture for a larger view)
|Kara just got a rebound and is in heavy traffic.--->|
| || |
Kara is standing out of bounds and ready to throw to one of her team mates.
Someone told me that the bubbling brook would lose its song if you removed the rocks.
know the answer but wish we didn't.
Joke of the Day
Things Your Mother Wouldn't Say
- "Be good and for your birthday I'll buy you a motorcycle!"
- "How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?"
- "Don't bother wearing a jacket--it's quite warm out."
- "Let me smell that shirt--yeah, it's good for another week."
- "I think a cluttered bedroom is a sign of creativity."
- "Yeah, I used to skip school, too."
- "Just leave all the lights on...it makes the house more cheery."
- "Could you turn the music up louder so I can enjoy it, too?"
- "Run and bring me the scissors! Hurry! Hurry!"
- "Aw, just turn your underwear inside out. No one will ever know."
- "I don't have a tissue with me--just use your sleeve."
- "Well, if Timmy's Mom says it's okay, that's good enough for me."
- "Of course you should walk to school and back. What's the big deal about having to cross a few main streets?"
- “I packed you a good lunch today. A big Baby Ruth candy bar and big package of pork rinds.”
- "My meeting won't be over till later tonight. You kids don't mind if we skip dinner and just eat some cookies and chips?