Friday, January 16, 2009

Elephants Live In Tennessee

The Elephant Sanctuary
Yes, elephants live in Tennessee! There’s a special place in Hohenwald, Tennessee where elephants can go to retire. The Elephant Sanctuary is “A Natural-Habitat Refuge Where Sick, Old and Needy Elephants Can Once Again Walk The Earth In Peace and Dignity.” Click on the Elephant Sanctuary to visit the web site.

MY cousin recently sent me a link to a YouTube video concerning this sanctuary that tells about a dog and an elephant which have established a very lasting and unique friendship. I found this very interesting.

The Elephant Sanctuary is definitely a good thing.

My Aches and Pains
Granddaddy woke up yesterday and felt awful. I was weak, no energy, no appetite and I had a fever. Grandmother always gets worried when I’m not myself, so we made a trip to my doctor. He said it was probably a virus. I just laid around and slept all day.Fishing Show

This morning I feel some better, but I’m still not myself.

Beverly knew I was sick, because I had planned to go to the Fishing Show in Knoxville yesterday. When I told her I was unable to go she knew right away that something was wrong with me. So I guess I’ll miss the Fishing Show this year.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
We either control our own attitude or
our attitude controls us.
We alone are responsible for our attitude.

~~~
Quote of the Day
You have succeeded in life when all you really want
is only what you really need. 
~Vernon Howard

~~~
Joke of the Day

Walking up to a department store's fabric counter, a pretty girl asked, "I want to buy this material for a new dress. How much does it cost?"

"Only one kiss per yard," replied the smirking male clerk.

"That's fine," replied the girl. "I'll take ten yards."

With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the clerk quickly measured out and wrapped the cloth, then teasingly held it out.

The girl snapped up the package and pointed to a little old man standing beside her. "Grandpa will pay the bill," she smiled.


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Granddaddy,
I hope you get to feeling better soon! The video of the elephant this morning was so cute.

Love you and Grandmother lots!
Mandy