Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nostalgic Week

The Good Old Days
I guess this must be Nostalgic Week for me. Yesterday, I was rambling about going to downtown Knoxville to Woolworth’s. Then another friend sent we a link to flash movie about those western movies… Then I found lots more. I hope you enjoy.
(Time in Minutes:Seconds)

Granddaddy and His Car
Jims50Ford2This pictures brings back lots of memories. It was my first car, a 1950 Ford V8, 2 door, straight shift with overdrive. It was a dull gray color, but soon after I got the car I got it painted Black.

When I bought the car, I didn’t know how to drive a straight shift. With Dad’s help and a vacant lot next door, I practiced until I got my driver’s license. I was at the door of the DMV on my birthday, but they said come back tomorrow. It was raining a little bit that day.

I got me a ding-dong bell, and Ooga horn on the car. I wish I still had that car. And that same wish goes out from probably every guy about his first car.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says: 
Sometimes the people you expect to kick you when
you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Put a grain of boldness into everything you do. 
~Baltasar Gracian

~~~
Joke of the Day

A small town doctor was famous in the area for always catching large fish.

One day while he was on one of his frequent fishing trips he got a call that a woman at a neighboring farm was giving birth. He rushed to her aid and delivered a healthy baby boy.

The farmer had nothing to weigh the baby with so the doctor used his fishing scales. The baby weighed 32 lb. 10 oz

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: