Friday, April 13, 2012

Car or Boat?

A Boat Was Coming Down the Road
And it wasn’t on a trailer! I was in a parking lot waiting for my wife who was shopping. I glanced up, and rubbed my eyes. I thought I was seeing something unreal. There it was. A boat with wheels and the man was driving it like a car. I quickly grabbed my camera and got off a couple of shots.

IMG_2228 IMG_2229

I had heard about this vehicle some months ago, but this is the first time I had ever seen it. I wonder if it can travel in water as well as land. Does anyone know?

A Fish I Don’t Want to Catch
snakeheadHave you heard of the Snakehead fish. It’s not native to North America but somehow got here from Asia or Africa. Some have been found living in some lakes here in the US. I sure hope they do expand to our TVA lakes. They look very mean as you can see in the picture, but I read they are actually meaner than they look!

It’s Friday the 13th!!!
Take heed today and watch your step! Today is one of those rare days when Friday the 13th actually falls of Friday.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
In my day

"grass" was mowed,
"coke" was a cold drink,
"pot" was something your mother cooked in and
"rock music" was your grandmother's lullaby.
"Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office,
"chip" meant a piece of wood,
"hardware" was found in a hardware store and.
"software" wasn't even a word.
.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread
and coming out with only a loaf of bread
are three billion to one.
~Erma Bombeck
.

~~~
Joke of the Day

More Puns:

  1. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: "Keep off the Grass."
  2. The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
  3. The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
  4. A backward poet writes inverse.
  5. In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.
  6. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
  7. If you jumped off the bridge in Paris, you'd be in Seine.
  8. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, "I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger."
  9. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says "Dam!"
  10. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
  11. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, "I've lost my electron." The other says "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive."
  12. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.
  13. There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.

 


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: