Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fishing Tackle Replacement

I’ve Started Slowly
Even though I have not received any money from my insurance claim to Nationwide Insurance, I have made a start in replacing my stolen fishing equipment.

bps2Want to guess what was my first purchase? I was in Wal-Mart last week and i bought a fish stringer. It was exactly like one of the two that I lost, but they only had  one so I grabbed it. Dad told me that was optimism to buy the fish stringer first.

CabThe second thing I bought was a tackle box. I got one that is very much like one of those I lost. I bought it a Bass Pro this past week using a gift JNcard and a money from Kevin and Beverly. I also have a  Cabela’s gift card that Bethany gave me.

Monks Now I’m in a holding stage until Nationwide pays off. In the meantime I’m making lists of what can be bought locally and what must be ordered. Most of my purchases will be online with Bass Pro, Cabela’s, Jann’s Netcraft, and Monk’s Crappie.com.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Time is our opportunity.
Time can be wasted, like anything.
If time is not used it will be lost forever.
There is no recycling plan for wasted time.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Delay is preferable to error.
~ Thomas Jefferson

~~~
Joke of the Day

it is near Christmas break of the school year. The students have turned in all their work and there is really nothing more to do. All the children are restless and the teacher decides to have an early dismissal.

Teacher: Whomever answers the questions I ask first and correctly can leave early today. Little Johnny says to himself good, I want to get outta here. I'm smart and will answer the question.

Teacher: Who said four score and seven years ago. Before Johnny opens his mouth, Susie yells Abraham Lincoln, teacher: That’s right Susie, you can go home. Johnny is mad Susie answered the first question.

Teacher: Who had a dream? Before Johnny opens his mouth, Mary says Martin Luther King. Teacher: That’s right you can go. Johnny is madder than before.

Teacher: Who said ask not what your country can do for you.  Before Johnny can open his mouth, Nancy says John F. Kennedy. Teacher: That’s right Nancy. You can go.

Johnny is boiling mad that he has not been able to answer any questions. When the teacher turns back Johnny says: I wish these girls would keep their mouths shut!

The teacher turns around and asks, “Who said that?”

Johnny says, “Tiger Woods. Can i go home now?”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I like your "Granddaddy Says" today. It reminds me of a song by Christian artist Chris Rice called Life Means So Much. Part of the song goes:

Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency
So nobody's rich, nobody's poor
We get 24 hours each
So how are you gonna spend
Will you invest, or squander
Try to get ahead
Or help someone who's under

Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much