Thursday, August 7, 2008

New York!


Hello everybody!, We're in New York, in a little town called Freedom. That's a nice name. It reminds me of the wonderful freedom we have in the wonderful USA.

We had a wonderful day today at our church convention. We had three helpful meetings. When I have time, I will review my notes and put together some "gems" from the meetings. Not just for today, but for all the meetings through Sunday. You could say these are Jim's Gems when I pull them together.

Rain, rain and more rain. Boy is it wet up here. The ground is very soggy and we had hard rains today and more rain is expected every day through the weekend. Sure wish we had some of this rain down in Tennessee.

That's all for now. Hope to post more later, but it will depend on my free time, which is very limited.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:

Be careful what you say, because it could cause you heartache for a long time



~~~

Quote of the Day
Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening
when you'd have preferred to talk.
~Doug Larson

~~~
Joke of the Day
A lady lost her handbag during a day of shopping. It was found by an honest little boy and returned to her.

Looking in her purse, she commented, "Hmmm.... That's funny. When I lost my bag there was a $20 bill in it. Now there are twenty singles."

The boy replied, "That's right, lady. The last time I found a lady's purse, she didn't have change for a reward."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: