Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day

Tomato Plants, etc. 
Yesterday, Beverly and I did a little gardening. Not much, but a little. For vegetables, we planted 4 tomato plants and a few onions sets. For flowers we planted petunias in 3 flower boxes, some impatiens, and some geraniums. In addition we planted 5 double knockout rose bushes. Now we’ll have some color around us this year.

Beverly took me out for nice seafood dinner last night. I had a combination plate of oysters, jumbo shrimp and IMG_1427scallops. Everything was delicious. On the way home we stopped by Wal-mart to pick up some prescriptions. While in the car waiting for Beverly I took this picture of a rainbow.

A Tornado Warning
After we got home it got a little exciting, as we learned we were in a tornado watch. And a little later, Kevin called to tell us that our area was designated as a tornado warning. Well, the warning finally expired without us having any problems. Whew!

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day
If your mother is living, everyday is a good day to call her and tell her how much you love her and how much you appreciate all she has done for you. If your mother is not living, you wish that she was, and that you could just talk to her and tell her how much you love her.

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day, and to all the mothers in my life I want to wish each a very happy day, and offer my thankfulness for your love and kindness to me. I think especially today of my wife, Beverly, my daughters-in-law Sylvia and Lesley, and all my friends who are mothers. Here’s some lovely roses for you.

rosesMy thoughts today go to my own mother,
LaVerne Rieben White, who passed away way back in 1974. She was a lovely person in every way, kind, gentle, caring, and always thinking of others. I have missed her so much and wish I could tell her that I love her today (I do in my prayers).

Here’s a picture of my Mother and Dad taken back in the good old days. (Dad is now 95 and has never remarried.) I believe that picture was taken in the mid 1950s.MomDad

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
If all the automobiles in the world were lined up around the equator, I’m sure some fool would pull out to pass.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Some people, no matter how old they get,
never lose their beauty - they merely move it
from their faces into their hearts. 
~Martin Buxbaum

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning. The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."

The husband said, " You are in charge of the cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."

Wife replies, "No you should do it, and besides it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."

Husband replies, " I can't believe that, show me."

So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and shows him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says, "HEBREWS".



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: