Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More About…

Zachary’s Birthday
Here are some video clips that have been put together to show a little more about Zachary and his 8th birthday.

 

More Air Conditioning Problems
Our air conditioning at home went out last Saturday evening, and we have been suffering a little with heat and humidity. We hope to have it up and going sometime tomorrow. It sure makes you appreciate things more when you lose them for a while. I remember the days when air conditioning was something just for the very rich. And not many cars had A/C. When I was a teenager we used to joke about riding around in the summer time with the windows up, just to make people think we had A/C.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I had a good friend who is now gone, and I told him after I retired that I was a has-been. He said, “That’s OK, I’m a never-was.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Empty pockets never held anyone back.  Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
~Norman Vincent Peale

~~~
Joke of the Day

Tom had never been on a fishing boat before, and he was now thinking it was the stupidest thing he'd ever done in his life. Who would ever have believed that seasickness could be this awful? With every pitch and roll, Tom wondered how he was going to survive the remaining two hours of the trip.

One of the deckhands came up to him and said, "Don't worry, young fella. Nobody ever died of seasickness."

"You've just taken away my last hope for relief," Tom said.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: