Yesterday was the anniversary of the first heavier than air powered flight accomplished by the Wright brothers on December 17, 1903.
I received a slide show from TechRepublic a few days ago named First in Flight from the Wright Brothers’ Camera. I enjoyed the pictures that showed the flight history and ingenuity of Orville and Wilbur Wright.
|Then I found another site that had more photographs of the Wright Brothers and their adventures. Here’s one picture or Wilbur and Orville taken in 1909. |
Check out the Wright Brothers Aeroplane Company for more pictures and information about the Wright Brothers being first in flight. For the home page click this line.
There’s Faith, Hope and Love.
Remember that Love is the one thing
that matters in the long run.
We won’t need faith and hope in eternity.
that puts Christmas in the air.
Joke of the Day
- Consciousness - the time between naps.
- Accountant - someone you hire to explain that you didn't make the money you did.
- Wedding - a funeral where you smell your own flowers.
- Justice - a decision in your favor.
- Paradox - two physicians.
- Court of law - the place where a suit is pressed and a man can be taken to the cleaners.
- Flattery - an insult in gift wrapping.
- Alimony - the cost of loving.
- Capitalism - the survival of the fattest.
- Oboe: An ill woodwind that no-one blows good.