Tuesday, April 9, 2013

First Day

Of Fishing in 2013
IMG_2518We went to Douglas Lake today to fish for crappie. It was the first trip this year and the first trip to test the equipment (boat, motor, fishing gear) my new hip. Everything worked perfectly.

And we caught fish! We caught a total of 42 crappie, but only 19 were “keepers”. A good day.

That’s my friend Ralph holding the stringer and you can see Doug in the background.

We have had a late spring for sure. I was checking our fishing trips we made last year, and I was surprised that we had already made 3 trips to fish Douglas. The first fishing trip last year was on March 13!

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Our winter was not severe, but so long. The late Spring is here at last. Soon the redbuds will be blooming and the dogwoods not far behind. Ahhh!

~~~
Quote of the Day
A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
~Benjamin Franklin

~~~
Joke of the Day

A recently ordained pastor was invited fishing by two senior pastors. They rowed their boat out into the middle of a lake and started casting.

Suddenly, one of the senior pastors says, "I forgot my bait. I'll be right back." Then he hops out of the boat, walks across the water to shore. A few minutes later, he comes walking back and gets in the boat.

The junior pastor is astonished, but manages to keep it to himself.

A bit later, the other senior pastor says, "I forgot my sunscreen. I'll be right back." Then he hops out of the boat, walks across the water to shore. A few minutes later, he comes walking back and gets in the boat.

The junior pastor is now certain that these are two men of supreme faith and he doesn't want to appear less spiritual.

After a few moments, the junior pastor says, "I forgot my lunch. I'll be right back." He hops out of the boat and plunges straight to the bottom of the lake.

One senior pastor turns to the other and says, "We forgot to tell him about the stepping stones."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: