Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fishing & Yard Work

Did Both Today
IMG_2350The fishing was good today. We got our limit of the lake trout and were back home by 2:00 PM. That gave me time to mow the lawn and do some other outdoor chores. I have to admit I am tired tonight, but it was a good day. there were 3 of us fishing today, Doug S, Allen H, and myself. The picture shows my friend Allen with the stringer. This was his first time to fish from a pontoon boat and to catch lake trout.

Estate Sale
We’re planning our sale at Dad’s house for Friday and Saturday, August 31 & September 1. It is something we have to do but it will be a sad day.

.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
A person needs to keep busy.
The older I get I sense the need of having something to do every day. And when I say something “to do”, I mean that we need to have something to accomplish.

.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
~Chuck Clark

~~~
Joke of the Day

After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came for counseling. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married. On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.

Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, he embraced and kissed her long and passionately as her husband watched - with a raised eyebrow.

The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.

The therapist turned to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?

"Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: