Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Yellow School Bus

The First Ever School Bus
This video is a very interesting bit of history and American progress.
The Yellow School Bus......

Blue Bird No. 1

How I Went To School
resizeI never rode a school bus to school. When I was very young I think my Dad dropped me off at school, But when I was a little older I usually walked. It wasn’t that far maybe 2-3 miles. On some days I would get a ride with the milk man who would let me ride in his milk truck/van part of the way to school (I would stand up in the front of the truck, because their was no passenger seat.) The picture above reminded me of the milk truck I used to ride in, but the door on this side was always open.

1952-schwinn-phantomWhen I got older I would ride my bike to school. I had a nice bicycle. It was a Schwinn with spring action on the front wheel. I really enjoyed that bicycle. It was the best one available at that time. I just wonder how many miles I put on that bike?

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve always enjoyed and sometimes
used the advice of this quote:
”It is often easier to ask for forgiveness
than to ask for permission.”  ~Grace Hopper

~~~
Quote of the Day
Gardening requires lots of water -
most of it in the form of perspiration.
~Lou Erickson

~~~
Joke of the Day

The IRS sent my Tax forms back! AGAIN!!!

I guess it was because of my response to the question : "List all dependents"

I replied -"12 million illegal immigrants;"3 million crack heads;"42 million unemployable people on food stamps,"2 million people in over 243 prisons; "Half of Mexico ; and " 535 fools in the U.S. House and Senate.”

Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: