Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Remember This?
Do you remember the Bible song for children? “Jesus loves me this I know. For the Bible tells me so….” Well someone wrote a version for us seniors. And it’s pretty good. Read on…

JESUS LOVES ME
(For Seniors)

Jesus loves me, this I know,
Though my hair is white as snow
Though my sight is growing dim,
Still He bids me trust in Him.

(CHORUS)
YES, JESUS LOVES ME.. YES, JESUS LOVES ME..
YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow,
With my hand in His I'll go
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way.

(CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart He puts a song..
Telling me in words so clear,
"Have no fear, for I am near."

(CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Then I'll understand His love.

(CHORUS)

I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day.

(CHORUS)

Does Someone You Love Have Cancer?
Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and found the following on a table in the waiting room. I thought I would share it with you, perhaps it could help comfort someone.

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited....

It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal Eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit

~Author Unknown

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Bumper sticker of the year:
'If you can read this, thank a teacher -
And, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

~~~
Quote of the Day
A baby is an angel whose wings decrease
as his legs increase.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

There were three fathers to be in a hospital waiting room, waiting for their babies to be born.

The first nurse comes out and tells the first father, "Congratulations you're the father of twins!" He says, “Great! I am the manager for the Minnesota Twins.”

The second nurse comes out and tells the second father, "Congratulations you're the father of triplets”! He says, "That's cool! I work for 3M."

The third father opens the door and races out.
The third nurse comes out, and asks, “Where's the third father?"

One of the other fathers said, "Oh he left in a big hurry with a worried look on his face.”

The nurse asks, "Why?"

He replied, "He works for Seven Up!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: