Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Street View

Amazing!
I found the following link to something called the Virtual Turnpike, or Vpike. It works like this: Enter an address and it shows a picture of that particular address. I tried it for a few addresses and it worked, but it do not work for my home. I don’t think the Google Camera Vehicle has been down my street yet. Try it here:

Vpike

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
One thing we have been told to keep confidential is our Social Security number. Why then does every doctor ask me fill out a form that asks for my SS#. How many clerks and office workers have access to this?
I have my concerns. Don’t you?

~~~
Quote of the Day
The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all. 
~Leo Rosten

~~~
Joke of the Day

An old man and woman were married for many years, even though they hated each other.  Whenever there was a confrontation, yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life !"

Neighbors feared him. They believed he practiced magic because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood. The old man liked the fact that he was feared.

To everyone's relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 92. His wife had a closed casket at the funeral.
After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow.

Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed dig his way out of the
grave and haunt you for the rest of your life ?"
The wife put down her drink and said, "Let him dig.
I had him buried upside down. And I know he won't ask for directions!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: